Skip to main content

Day 3 Part 3

After clearing Minefield, and nabbing a few frag mines, and regrettably taking out Arkansas too, Dogmeat and I walked back to Megaton. We didn't see much along the way. It was late afternoon when we finally got back. Even Dogmeat is started to look tired. We shared a little water, then I headed up to Moira's.

"Awww! Cute doggie!" Moira greeted Dogmeat with a fur ruffling. Dogmeat barked in pleasure. Moira then turned to me, "I have just the thing! Hold on..."  She ran into the back, and came out with two items, and I was surprised.  First item is a leather armor... But for a dog!  I am quite impressed, and I said so. And the second item is an item pack... But again, for a dog. yes, now Dogmeat can share some of my load.  Impressive!  I paid Moira in caps, and the prices are quite reasonable. 

I traded her the rest of the items I don't need, stuff like raider armor and so on, plus weak weapons like .223 pistol, as well as surplus food and so on. I don't need a 10mm pistol if I have a 10mm SMG, and so on. I only keep 3 weapons on me, one for long range (rifle), one for short range (shotgun), and one for really tough enemies (my Wanda assault rifle).  I keep a melee weapon, but it's for emergencies only, and I rarely use it. My melee skills are quite low, really. I much prefer guns. Add grenades and mines, and it's a full combat package.

I walked out of Moira's and headed to Moriarty's, and ran into a young woman named Lucy West. She needed someone to head northwest to the town of Arefu. She hadn't heard from her family for a while, but then, communications isn't the best, with just the trade caravans moving letters around. She needed to get a letter to her family, and I accepted. I planned to explore to the northwest the next day, and that's in my way. I grabbed two drinks, then called it a night.

I walked to the common room, and Dogmeat apparently knew what to do. He curled up at the foot of the bed, and we both went to sleep.

Comments